We have all seen them: the Ugly Christmas Sweaters. There are parties dedicated to their existence and I am sure in our youth we have all donned an ugly sweater or two.
This season I am hosting an Ugly Christmas Stocking Swap in an effort to spread fun and loads festive joy to one another! Stockings must be handmade from scratch (no pre-made stockings allowed). How you create this is entirely up to you but keep these rules in mind:
1. It must be durable. Your swap partner will want to hang this on their mantel for all to see and it must be able to withstand being filled year after year as this Ugly Stocking will surely become a most treasured heirloom.
2. It must be stocking shaped. What materials you choose is up to you. Knitted or sewn or even duct tape.... the field is wide open....
3. Ugly can be interpreted many ways. This is to be a fun, tongue-in-cheek swap therefore, your stocking must not contain any of the following: swear words, violent scenes, weapons, insults to any religion, race, & gender, nothing political, or nudity.
4. Fill your stocking with holiday cheer!
5. You must, absolutely, without any excuses post your package no later than December 15th if you are shipping domestically and no later than December 10th if you are shipping internationally. It must have time to make it to your partner's doorstep in time for Christmas. You are not required to ship internationally however, keep in mind an international partner will most likely not be assigned to send to you.
6. There will be prizes. A Grand Prize Winner will be announced, possibly other winners as well depending on how many sign up. I am still working out the prize details.
7. This is a secret swap. You will make, fill and send a stocking to someone far away and someone else will make, fill and send a stocking to you. The more information you can provide the easier it is for your partner to create something tailored to your likes however ugly the stocking may be!
Now, are you ready to sign-up?
Use this form: CLOSED
Follow the rose & odin blog
"like" rose & odin on Facebook: Facebook link
Follow rose & odin on Instagram: @roseandodin
Follow rose & odin on Pinterest:www.pinterest.com/roseandodin
Sign-ups will be open until October 15th.